Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Track

Here is Today's update:

Meals
Breakfast- Protien Shake, V8
Lunch-
Dinner-

Training
I had every intention of getting out there and wogging my 4 miles today. My alarm went of at 5:30 and my room mate turned it off (since he's on the bottom bunk). So I'm starting to climb down the ladder when a charley horse hits me. When it did, I immediately stiffen and I fall off the ladder! Luckily I landed feet first, but then I was on the ground trying to get that damn cramp to go away.

Now my calf and my foot are sore. I don't think I broke anything but if my foot is still hurting tomorrow, I'll go get it checked out. But the point is, no wog this morning. I'll try again tomorrow.

Other News
  • I'm debating with myself on whether or not I should run in the upcoming 15k. I know I'm not ready now, but can I be ready by November 1? I'm not sure. What do you think?

7 comments:

Chris said...

I think you gotta listen to your body on the 15k. Just be honest with yourself is all :-) It'll pay dividends if you do!

I keep telling people that getting out of bed is a risk, but now I've got proof! :-)

Andy said...

I have to agree with Chris. If your body says you can do it, go out and do it, but if you don't feel up to it, don't do it.

DebWDW said...

I think the experience would be good for you, as long as you feel okay. It would definitely give you an idea of where you are in your training.

Rae! said...

Why don't you feel like you can't do it?? You don't have a pace requirement,if you are getting cramps you need to eat more bananas, and a large glass of OJ.
Let me know.

Rae! said...

The Calorie King I found it at walmart 5 dollars. Any book stores too.

MikeF. said...

Matt how are you doing.

Jeff W said...

Charlie horses are a killer. I had one about a week ago. It had been years since the last time that happened. The pain was so nasty.

Potassium is your friend.