Friday, September 26, 2008

Major Change in Plans

Mongello!

I have some exciting new changes to my future plans to announce. First of all, I went to talk to my advisor (who is also the Dean of the Business School) yesterday just to discuss my plans to do the College Program next fall. Well, he told me that in order to do it, I would have to do it next semester. Also, in order to keep my financial aid and my insurance I would have to remain a full time student. That means that I would have to take 12 hours worth of credit. The CP (technically an internship) counts 6 hours. Now I have to convince the Registrar's Office to let me take 2 of the Disney classes while I'm there, or I'll have to find online classes at another university.

The point is, if I can get all of my ducks in a row, and I get accepted, and the school approves the classes, I will officially be a Disney Cast Member next semester!!!

I have already applied and I have a CP presentation that I have to go to at Hinds CC in Raymond next Thursday. There I either get interviewed or I schedule an interview (I'm assuming the former). Anybody who has gone through this process before (you know who you are!), anything you could tell me would be great! I'm also going to make up a resume, just to show off!

There is a dark cloud however (as usual for me). This could interfere with the Marathon. I'm hoping that it doesn't, but if it does what can I do? I know I can't get a refund. Will it carry over to next year? Even if I do have to postpone my marathon, I'm going to continue to train

This is all a little overwhelming. I thought I had a whole year to get things ready. Now I have 3 months!

How is everyone?
_____________________________________
IN OTHER NEWS:

We have a new member of Team Voice! Andy from Minnesota has joined our little community and is training for the 2010 Marathon. Go over to his blog and show him your support!

Welcome to the team Andy!!!

4 comments:

Jeff W said...

This is so exciting. Best Wishes!

Rae! said...

WOW!!!! Matt that is so cool.
If you contact them Disney's Wide World of Sports and tell them what is going on, your Half marathon dues can be rolled over to 2010.Contact them now thought. I do think they are going to stop that, but not sure.
Holy Cats keep me posted!!! I am only 3.5 hours away. :)

MikeF. said...

Good luck Matt. My advise is to bee yourself. And they usually do the interviews the day after the seminar. At least that is what they did at mine. As I have said it was the best time of my life.

DebWDW said...

Good luck, Matt! What a wonderful opportunity -- but sounds like you'll still have to get some work done while you're there. Stay focused!