Monday, August 25, 2008

In the Clear... Hopefully

Mongello!

It seems like things are turning for the better. I'm still in the same dorm (and still no refund), but I'm starting to feel better now. I joined the "Healthplex" today. That place is freakin' huge! It has two indoor pools, a rock climbing wall, raquetball and basketball courts, two "fitness" levels (that's were the cardio and weights are), a aerobics studio, saunas, hottubs, an indoor running track (1/10 of a mile - don't know how long I can take that) and, the Godsend, PRIVATE showers!!!! That alone is worth the price of membership. So by joining the healthplex (only $110 a semester - VERY good deal) I solved my training and my bathroom situation! Now instead of taking a joke of a shower (cold water and no pressure) in front of God and everybody, I can go and relax in a nice, warm private one... by myself! YIPPEE!!!

So, as you can tell, I am VERY happy now! I think I'm going to like things up here at MC. The campus is very beautiful. I'll have to take some pictures and show you guys.

Ok... On to training news:

I haven't done too bad during the past few days. I did eat a waffle (of course with butter as syrup) at Waffle House the other day, but I saved up all day for it. And last night we ate at a Mexican place (originaly just for a Margarita, but it was Sunday and God forbid should you drink liqour on Sunday! Damn this state!), but I only had soup. Other than that, pretty good. I'm back on salad and slimfast today.

I also started back training today. Since I joined the gym, I need an excuse to enjoy my wonderful private shower, so I wogged 4 miles on the track and did 10 minutes on the eliptical. I forgot that it's been several days since my last wog, so I wore myself out!

Anyway, things are good again. Talk to you soon!

7 comments:

MikeF. said...

Glad to here things are working them selves out.

MikeF. said...

Glad to here things are working them selves out.

Jeff W said...

Community Showers Yuck! Glad you have found something that works for you in more than one way.

Cleanliness and Exercise.

Rae! said...

Well good. At least something is working with you.
Ride them for the refund or credit for the down grade.
OK Slimfast?!? Are you kidding me?? That stuff is not good for your body. It will dehydrate your body,and it has chemicals in it you put in a car!! OMGosh!!! {rolling the eyes}
You won't loose weight that way either. And you will hit the wall sooner than you normally would.

I am glad you put the 4 miles in. Gonna do 10 this weekend?? :)

DebWDW said...

It's great that you are going to take advantage of the college fitness facilities! It's also a great opportunity to use electives to take courses on nutrition. Sometimes I think if we understood food as fuel more, it would be easier to make good choices.

[rich] said...

Hot showers - some people just want it all ;-)

Rae! said...

I need your shirt size!!! And how many do you want to get? The size will also determine the price.