Monday, June 9, 2008

Washington National Cathedral

If I had to pick a favorite place in D.C. (other than the Capitol), I would have to say Washington National Cathedral. Everything about this place is beautiful. There is SO much detail in the artistry of the cathedral. And of course the gardens are very well done too, but I'll spare you those pictures today.




That was just too cute!

You Star Wars fans will appreciate this - You see the Grotesque on the right?That's Darth Vader - It took us almost an hour to find him!



The "Nave"


This is the Space Window. It was dedicated to the missions to the moon. The dark spot in the center of the top circle is a piece of moon rock.

The High Alter

St. Mary's Alter (I believe)

The Pipe Organ - not that synthetic sounding rip offs that Baptist churches call an organ

The Bishops Chair

This is the condenced version. I took over 150 pictures of this place alone! If you're ever in the D.C. area, I highly recommend visiting the Cathedral. Even if you're not Episcopalian or Anglican (I'm not, I'm a Baptist) or even a Christian, I still think that you will be moved by this place.

That's it for tonight. I only have 2 (or 3) trip reports left. Until then... See Ya!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Heath said...

Looks like a really great trip Matt. Thanks for posting all of the pics.