Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The National Gallery of Art

I had never really cared for art before this trip. Mostly because I had never been to an art museum before. Now I love it! I still don't like modern art though. It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm more of a fan of classic art.


He's ugly as sin, but still funny. He is in the Sculpture Garden

The Houses of Parliment, Sunset by Monet, 1903

Self-Portrait by Van Gogh, 1889

The Artist's Garden in Argenteuil
(A corner of the Garden with Dahliahs)
by Monet, 1873
This one is my favorite. I have a print hanging in my "office".
Spring by Manet, 1881

Pont Neuf, Paris by Renoir, 1872

The Approching Storm by Troyon, 1849

The Gallery's Rotunda - It reminds me of the Pantheon in Rome (another place that I would LOVE to visit someday)

The Rotunda Fountain

No comments: