Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Jefferson Memorial

Next we walked all they way over to the Jefferson Memorial. This one, along with the FDR memorial are kind of out of the way, but are worth the trip.





Does this prove that I "geeked out" during this trip? At least I didn't take pictures of garbage cans!

This is Marine One, or at least one of them. I don't think that the President was on board, because it came from Maryland (Andrews AFB) and was headed toward the Pentagon so I'm guessing that either a General/Admiral or some other bigwig in the Defense Dept. was. Still pretty cool.

Here's a cool wide angle shot of the Tidal Basin area.
From left to right: Washington Monument, The Old Post Office Belltower, USDA, The U.S. Holocaust Museum, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, L'Enfant Plaza, and the Jefferson Memorial

3 comments:

Chris said...

Glad to hear your back in training, whether it's a mile or 20, it's still training.

Keep cool and hydrated! Oh, and, love the rant blog :-)

DebWDW said...

How did you get those pics without tourists? Was it the crack of dawn?

Matt said...

Pretty much. We got to the White House at about 8:30. As the day goes on, there were alot more people. Same Disney touring rules apply to D.C. (especially the museums!)