Monday, January 2, 2012

Marathon Weekend 2012: The Pre-Trip Report



Well, it's official! I WILL be going to Walt Disney World for Marathon Weekend! So I will be seeing most you very soon. So, like I do before every trip to the World, I'm writing a pre-trip report to fill you all in on my plans for the trip.

As far as I know, my grandparents, Teresa, and I will be leaving for the World on the 5th and will drive all the way, checking in to Pop Century around 9:00 that night. De'Dee should be flying in earlier that afternoon.

Friday will be our first day at the parks, and as usual, we will be starting our day at the Magic Kingdom. We're planning on getting there a little before rope drop then staying until around noon, then head over to the Studios to see what can before the first showing of Fantasmic. Then we'll see the Osborne lights, then head back to the room.

Saturday, I will attempt to be on Main Street to take pictures of my friends and family who are running the race. I don't know if this will be possible, but I am certainly going to try. If you'd like, call me when you are close to the Magic Kingdom so I will be on the lookout for you. After I've had my feel of the race, Teresa and I will be starting our day at Animal Kingdom to see the few things that we'd like to do there. I'm thinking that we'll be done by 1ish. Then we'll head over to Epcot and kill some time before Illuminations.

Sunday, we'll begin our day at Epcot. De'Dee will be finishing the marathon sometime that morning, so I will have to leave the park at some point that morning, but the plan is to stay in and around Epcot from rope drop until around 6. That way Teresa, De'Dee and I can make it to the Polynesian for dinner with all of my Team Voice friends at Ohana. After dinner, Teresa and I are planning on resort hopping along the monorail line.

I always like to end my Disney vacations at the Magic Kingdom and since Monday will be our last park day, we are planning on staying in the Magic Kingdom all day, from rope drop until close. That way Teresa can see all of the little details of the park and still have time to see all of her favorites.

Most of you guys will be there during this time, so feel free to text or email me while you're there. Can't wait to see you all! I will also be posting blog posts and will be tweeting and Facebooking from the parks, so be sure to add and follow me!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so cool - I cannot wait to see you again, it's been way, way, way too long!!!!!

See you in the parks soon!

Chris said...

Great, hope to see you down there!