Today was our first day in the parks and we began it at the Magic Kingdom. We got there just in time for the opening ceremony, which is always fun for me. I mean, it's very hokey and what not, but it's always fun for the opening of the Magic Kingdom to begin your Disney experience.
After the ceremony, we made our way to the Main Street vehicles and road the horse drawn trolley down Main Street, U.S.A. I have never done that so that was fun.
Then, Teresa and I decided to go ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad since it wi be closing for refurb this weekend.
After that, we just meandered around the park, taking in the sights and details. I love doing this. It soothes me for some reason. You get to just take in the entire experience and see all the little details that the average guest never notices.
Around 11:30, we headed over to Disney's Hollywood Studios. I like this park for its detail, but as far as content, I'm not a huge fan of the park. Especially when it is packed. However, we hit all the highlights (hitting Tower of Terror at least 4 times).
Later in the evening, Teresa and I met up with De'Dee and we just walked around the park and eventually saw Jeff, Amanda, and Justin. We were all headed in separate directions, but it was good to see them for a few minutes. I know we'll see them again.
After we parted ways, Teresa and I took De'Dee onto the new and updated Star Tours. I thoroughly enjoy the enhancements to this attraction. Each ride is a totally different experience.
Then we all went over to see the last night of the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. This is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite holiday traditions at the World and it was great to see it.
De'Dee then left us, since she had to get up at 3:30 in order to be up for the half marathon in the morning. So, Teresa and I went to see Fantasmic! She thoroughly enjoyed it.
After that, we just walked around the park and took in the sights. I'd say that it was an over all good day!
Planning on heading over to Animal Kingdom and Epcot tomorrow. See you then!
No comments:
Post a Comment