The other day I was listening to WDW Radio's NewsCast from a few weeks ago. On the show, Lou talked about Test Track going down for an extended refurb and the rumors surrounding it. One of the possibities he talked about was that Disney was turning Test Track into a miniuture "Cars Land" attraction. It was at this point that I began screaming at my iPhone. Lou did say that this was just speculation, however, Lou's speculation tends to become fact.
Quite frankly, I am sick to death of this Pixar invasion into the Parks. Sometimes it works, but when it doesn't the attraction blows...
I think what really struck a nerve with me was the "Pixarification" of another Epcot attraction. I just don't think that Pixar works in Epcot. It takes away from the futureistic theme and really doesn't make sense. It also takes away the educational aspect of the park. Take The Seas with Nemo... Once one of the coolest, best themed attractions in Epcot. Now that Nemo has taken over, it's just a shell of it's former self. Now the focus of the attraction is the ride in the begginging. The aquarium is just a post show now when before it was the main event.
I just feel like that if Disney were to put Pixar into Test Track, it would destroy the educational aspect of the attraction and it would just become another ride for kids that will just annoy adults. I really hope that this does not happen. I think Test Track is fine just the way it is. Sure, it could use a little sprucing up but I don't think it needs to be totally overhauled and it certainly doesn't need "cute" characters all in it.
Disney... I beg you... please leave Test Track alone. That is all.
3 comments:
Interesting that this bothers you so much. I can't say that I would hate a big change to Test Track, but that's because I think it's too predictable. It's not one of my favorite rides, it's good, but for me not great. Not sure that Pixar is the best idea for it, but if done right I don't think I'd mind.
As for Nemo in the Living Seas. That has always been one of my favorite attractions. I don't hate the addition of Nemo and Friends, but I do see your point that the educational, amazing underwater world aspect has been damaged. I do think people tend to ride the ride and quickly look for more Nemo and Friends before finding the exit.
Although I have to say that I prefer Test Track becoming Cars inspired over the invasion of Avatar at Animal Kingdom...
Don't get me wrong. I do sort of enjoy Nemo in the Seas. I'm just up set over the Pixar characters coming into Epcot and destroying the educational aspect of the park. I've just always felt that Epcot is the serious, adult park. When they add more and more characters, especially Pixar characters, it really annoys me.
I hope that they don't change Test Track especially since they are building a Cars version similar to test Track at Disney's California Adventure.
Post a Comment