It's a rain poncho! Long before the yellow Mickey ones that we're so used to. Obviously from the 80s (1982-1989) as there are only two park emblems, but I think it's from the early 80s just based on the graphics and such. I could be wrong though. They're still in great shape. Been stuck in that box for nearly 30 years, I'm sure. My grandparents were going to just throw them away! I HAD to stop them! It's just awesome to find a piece of Disney history like that. It made my day!I'm still waiting to hear back from my Aunt, but if she doesn't want it, I have an extra. Let me know if you'd like to have it. I don't need two of them.
Also, I've been playing around with the font color. How does everyone like the gray on black? Is it easier to read?
3 comments:
I miss the old Walt Disney World text logo. I was fascinated by the Mickey globe D design as a kid.
The current one using the Walt Disney signature script seems generic somehow in this context.
I'm no nostolgia buff, but that is pretty cool!
That's an awesome poncho! Glad you were able to find and salvage them!
I like the font colors better and it does seem easier to read :)!
Post a Comment