Since the 2010 WDW Half is almost upon us, it’s gotten me thinking about what’s next. Just like me to plan the next trip before this one is even here yet…I’ve had several ideas bouncing around in my head, so I thought I’d lay them out for you.
I know of several local and not so local races that I would really like to do, the only problem is time and money. I know that I won’t be able to do all of them (if any), but I’m really going to try.
These are all of the races that I’m seriously considering:
Rock ‘n’ Roll Mardi Gras Half MarathonNew Orleans, LA - 2/28: This race seems like it would really be cool. The race starts by at the NOLA Convention Center then winds through the French Quarter, Audubon Park, down St. Charles Ave. and ending in City Park. I would really like to do this race, but as it is, I would have to go by myself and I REALLY don’t want to be in New Orleans at Mardi Gras by myself. Besides, it’s kinda close to the WDW half and to next possible race. But if I can find someone to at least go with me to NOLA, I will consider it. And if I do it and the next race, I’ll get an extra medal!
Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half MarathonDallas, TX - 3/14: I don’t know much about this race as nothing about the course has been announced yet and since this is the first time Rock ‘n’ Roll has come to Dallas, I have nothing to go by. Me doing this race is more plausible than the New Orleans race is for two reasons: It’s during Spring Break and I have family that live in Dallas. So, this one would be more cost effective and I certainly have time to do it. Jonathan (and anyone else), since you have competed in this series before, what can you tell me about it? How did you like it?
Renaissance at Colony Park Half MarathonRidgeland, MS - 6/?/09: I ran this race last year. Assuming that they have it again (nothing has been posted about it) I will run this race again. Yeah there were some issues that I had with this one:
- The course was 2/10 of a mile longer than it should have been
- Most of the race is down country roads, in subdivisons (saw a man getting his paper in his robe which was amusing) or next to an interstate
- Since a good portion of the race took place on roads that pass by cow pastures and fields, there was a “smell” and the bugs were terrible
But all in all, it was a good race. It’s cheap an it’s local and I had a good time, so that’s all that matters!
Disney’s Wine and Dine Half MarathonLake Buena Vista, FL: This race is just awesome! I am going to try my hardest to make it to this race. The fact that it’s at night and there is a special Food and Wine event just for the race sold me on it! I kinda wish I could do the Disneyland Half again, since it’s the 5th one, but I just can’t swing it again.
2011 Walt Disney World FULL Marathon OR Goofy’s Race and a Half ChallengeLake Buena Vista, FL - I know that 2011 is the year for my first Full Marathon. And since Walt Disney World was the site of my first Half Marathon, I think that it’s only natural for my first Full Marathon to be here as well. However, I know that eventually I will want to do the Goofy Challenge and I’m kinda thinking that I want to go ahead and get it over with. I haven’t decided it yet and I’m still weighing my options. What do you guys think? Should I just do the Full first or should I take the plunge and do the Goofy?
5 comments:
Dallas sounds like it might work. Maybe Lisa and Trace can keep an ear open about it, and Trace might know the roads once it's announced. See you soon!
Those look good.
Goofy or Full - that's the question I've been asking myself a lot lately. I'm committed to doing the Full, but I don't know if I want to wait another year to do the Goofy. I also know there are quite a few of us out there shooting for Goofy in 2011. I just don't know if it is a good idea for me to do Goofy never having run a full marathon...
That's my dilemma... I don't know if it would be smart to run the Goofy while I haven't done a full. If I do chose to do the Goofy, I'll probably try to find a full marathon somewhere locally so that I can kind of "test the waters" a bit.
I thought about that too...but I really want my first full marathon to be a Disney race...Makes decisions so difficult!
You like Rockin' and Rollin' ehh...LOL Sounds like they do a good job on that race series so why not. The big sleazy sounds good...
You should Goof it up with us next year as well! That's going to be a b*tch, I can tell already.... :-)
Post a Comment