Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Well, What the....!!!

I got a somewhat unpleasent suprise yesterday. I stepped onto the gym's medical scale and it said 216.5. My home scale said 210. I'm sort of disappointed in the difference, but it's ok. The last time I got on that scale, it said 225 so at least I know I've lost some weight. With that "revelation", I'm going to throw out my home scale (since it's never been all that accurate anyway) and stick to the medical scales at the gym. Also, I'm going to adjust the "My Stats" section accordingly. I'm going to add about 6 lbs to my starting weight. I haven't gained weight, I was just heavier than I thought I was. At least I hope that's the case.

Anyway, today is cardio day. That means lots of cardio and maybe some swimming.

How's everyone else?

4 comments:

Rae! said...

be careful those scales can be off up to 20 pounds. My scale reads different than the gym and the Doctor's.

Still you are doing great!!!

I am so jealous!!!

Justin said...

Been there with the wacky scales. Try not to focus on the scale too much. I only checked it every 30 to 45 days for the first 6 months of my training last year. In that time I lost about 65 lbs.

I focused more on how my pants were fitting. I track my weight daily now just for kicks and giggles, but I'm always amused at how misleading the scale number can be depending on your training phase. Muscle gain can really throw the number off from what you expect.

Just eat smart and hit it hard at the gym and it will all be fine.

Rae! said...

I just realized you put your measurements up!!!! I am sooooo proud of you. I may have to follow you on that.

Heath said...

Hey Matt!! Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. I just read the last month of your blog posts. Looks like you're on a good track and doing well. Happy belated b-day, and that's awesome news about Disneyland. I'll try to be better about getting over hear and reading the blogs.