
With all of the holidays, partys, get togethers, and outings, this has been a very busy couple of weeks for all of us. Hopefully you've had fun and haven't done to bad as far as neglecting your training. But now it's time to hit the ground running, literally! We've only got 8 days until the big day! Can you believe it!!!
I've been trying to throw in some last minute training this last week and for the most part, I think I've been doing pretty well. All last week I went out and wogged (including Christmas Eve and Day) some, wether it was a mile or 8 miles. Food was a little difficult, but hey, it's the holidays, right?
On Monday, I went 8 miles (I actually jogged, not wogged, a full mile!) Yesterday, I did a 3 mile maintenacne walk and today I did a 6 1/2 mile wog.
I also figured out my game plan for race day. During the first mile (with maybe a warmup walk around the parking lot before the race) I'm going to be simply walking. Since traffic will be so conjested anyway, why not walk anyway? Once I hit Mile 2, I'll start walking for 2 minutes then speed walk for 5 minutes, then jogging for 3, then repeat. This way, I can maintain roughly a 13 1/2 minute mile. As I warm up, I'll be able to jog more and walk less.
I'm going to really test this on Saturday. I'm hoping to put in at least a 10 miler (should I up it to 13?) then. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
With that out of the way, here's a little video for the new year.
HAPPY 2009 EVERYONE!!!
3 comments:
Matt just be careful on Sat. I would recommend that you do not run 13. Trust me your body will thank you on race day. Do not push your self either. That's alot of miles in one day to be running considering you will be running 13.1 a week from that date. Just be careful and let me know how you did.
Be careful - don't overdo! From everything I hear, we should be doing short run or some other type of cardio at this point, to save the legs. And I strained my knee on my last 10-mile run three weeks ago -- be careful!
Matt here we are. Days before we get to go to the World all together.
Can you believe it !
Post a Comment